TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHAT ARE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR?
This page outlines the ticket conditions, payment and delivery information for all Horizon Lectures events. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
- The number of tickets available for each event is limited and we strongly encourage advance purchase to avoid disappointment.
- Advance tickets will be available to purchase via the Horizon Lectures website until approximately 24 hours before the event, subject to availability. Any remaining tickets will be available to purchase on-the-door prior to the event.
- All online payments for advance tickets are handled securely via PayPal.
- If available, on-the-door tickets can be paid for in cash or using all major UK credit/debit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We regret we are unable to accept cheque payments at the venue.
Horizon Lectures events use a mixture of digital and physical tickets. Unless otherwise stated on the event page, digital tickets will be issued for all orders placed through this website.
DELIVERY INFORMATION – DIGITAL TICKETS
- Digital tickets shall be sent automatically to the supplied email address following completion of the payment process. Please ensure a valid email address is entered during the checkout process as this is the only means we have of contacting you with your ticket information.
- There can sometimes be a small delay whilst the payment notification is issued and subsequently processed by our system. If you have not received your tickets within 24 hours please contact us with your order information and we will investigate as quickly as possible.
DELIVERY INFORMATION – PHYSICAL TICKETS
- All advance physical ticket prices include UK delivery. Please contact us if you require postage outside of the UK.
- Physical tickets sold directly by Horizon Lectures will be processed in batches and it may therefore take up to four weeks to receive your order. You will be notified via email when your order has been dispatched. Please contact us if your tickets have not arrived within this timescale or if you have not received a dispatch notification within one week of the event date. If you would like your tickets in hand for a specific date, for example as a gift, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
- Tickets purchased close to the event date may be held for collection on-the-door. You will be advised accordingly if this is the case.
- No refunds or exchanges can be offered where the ticket holder is unable to attend the event.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control it may be necessary to cancel an event at short notice. Valid tickets will be refunded at the advertised purchase price or, if you prefer, an alternative event may be offered however Horizon Lectures can accept no liability for any further costs that may have been incurred.
- You are advised to take up your seat at the venue a minimum of 5 minutes before the advertised lecture start time otherwise your seat may be reallocated. If we are subsequently unable to admit you to the venue then valid tickets will be refunded at the advertised purchase price however Horizon Lectures can accept no liability for any further costs that may have been incurred.
- Where digital tickets are used each unique ticket reference can only be used to admit people up to the maximum number shown. Please ensure this reference is kept safe and not shared with others outside of your group.
- The advertised event duration is given as a guide only and the actual length may vary.
- The use of any audio or visual recording equipment during the event is strictly forbidden.
- Horizon Lectures, and our venues, reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Horizon Lectures, and our venues, cannot be held responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any personal property or effects.
- The opinions expressed by the speaker are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Horizon Lectures or our venues.
- Images from our events may be used in our newsletters, publicity material or social media channels. If you would prefer not to appear in any of these images please let us know during the event.
- From time to time Horizon Lectures may run contests or prize draws at our events, via our mailing list or on social media.
- Terms relating to each contest, including closing dates, prizes and methods of entry shall be included in the original contest information.
- Unless specified otherwise contests are only open to UK residents.
- Where applicable, prizes will only be delivered to locations within the UK.
- Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, our speakers, venues or social media platforms.
DATA AND PRIVACY
- Don’t forget – outdoor activities always carry some element of risk. All content and links provided on our website, mailing list, social media pages and at our events are provided in good faith however Horizon Lectures cannot be held responsible for their accuracy, availability or anything arising from their use.
- Purchase of a ticket, entrance into a contest or use of this website represents acceptance of the applicable terms and conditions.
06 January 2018